- Q: Can I try Blogpatcher out before deciding if it is worth paying for?
A: Yes, it is completely free and you do not have to enter any credit card information.
- Q: I forgot my password, can you send it to me?
A: You can use the "I forgot my password" function to reset your password.
- Q: Can I cancel my subscription?
A: You can cancel at any time and you will not be charged again unless you re-subscribe.
Credit & subscription questions
- Q: What are credits and why do you use them?
A: All the Blogpatcher SEO tools require credits to be used. Credits can be bought using a credit card or PayPal. We are using this system because we think it gives the user the most flexibility.
- Q: How many credits do the various tools cost to use?
A: Page Analysis, Keyword Analysis, and Site Audit cost 10 credits. Refreshing a Page Analysis cost 5 credits. Keyword tracking cost 1 credit per lookup, i.e. daily tracking will cost 7 credits per week.
- Q: How can I acquire credits?
A: When you sign up for a Blogpatcher account you will get 100 credits for free so you can try out the tools and decide if they are something for you. If you subscribe you will get 500 or 1000 credits each month depending on the plan. Whether or not you are a subscriber or use the basic free plan you can always buy credits in our shop: starting at USD 4.95 for 150 credits. The more credits you buy at once the more discount you will get.
- Q: Are the credits I get each month with the subscription plans lost if I do not use them before the next month?
A: No, credits roll over to the next month if you do not use them.
Page analysis questions
- Q: Sometimes Blogpatcher guess my main keyword wrong?
A: Blogpatcher use Apache NLP machine learning to interpet your pages, then it goes through an SEO analysis. Since the structure and content can vary so much from one page to an other on the Internet, Blogpatcher will not always get it right. But this can also be a signal that your page is badly optimized for your keyword. You can select which keyword to do the page analysis for by entering it in the field below the URL field.
- Q: I do not get the TF-IDF section, what does it even mean?
A: It stands for Term Frequency - Inverse Document Frequency. It shows how much a certain term occurs in a document compared to a larger collection of documents (in this case your top 10 competitors). You can read more about how to use this metric properly over at the Devlog or the Tutorial.
- Q: I can not see any LSI keywords in my report, why not?
A: You need to have a premium membership for that feature.
Site audit questions
- Q: What is Website SEO Audit Crawler mode?
A: This is an advanced option to set the speed (number of threads and delay) of the crawler engine. Some websites impose restrictions and can not be crawled at full speed. It is also considered polite not to flood a web server with massive amounts of request in a short period of time. If this is your own or a clients server and you know it can handle many requests at the same time there is no reason not to use the Agressive option for a faster audit. However if you experience a lot of server errors like 50X errors it is a good idea to set the crawler mode to a slower pace.
- Q: Sometimes a site audit takes just a couple of seconds to complete but sometime it takes much longer and the sites are about the same size?
A: The time it takes to audit a site depends on how fast the site is and how many pages and links it got. It also depends on how restrictive the hosting is, some hosting providers limits robots and crawlers. This means the audit crawler have to crawl one page at a time and sometimes even wait several seconds between pages. This can add up and make the audit take much longer time than necessary.